Whether you're in a couple, in a throuple, single, or ticked the "it's complicated" box on Facebook, there is something nice about celebrating a day of love.
We've rounded up the best Valentine's Day events, chocolate shops, patisseries and florists to help you make the most of the big day, Or you could take your special someone out for a nice dinner at one of Melbourne's best restaurants and cap it off with a cocktail or vino at your favourite Melbourne bar. This way, you can choose the ultimate location, the best entertainment and the most delicious food, and craft your ideal valentine's day.
Ultimate Valentine's Day Ideas in Melbourne, Victoria
Have Dinner or Lunch Date at the top of Brighton Savoy Hotel
Check their website: brightonsavoy.com.au
Call them for bookings: (03) 9592 8233
Brighton Savoy's Valentine's Day Dinner Melbourne
Enjoy music by singer/guitarist Freddy Gulino
Valentine's Day Dinner in Melbourne is best experienced in the Seaview Restaurant whilst enjoying a romantic dining experience with bay views.
A single red rose awaits your valentine and a glass of bubbles as the sun goes down.
Rekindle the romance, first date, wedding anniversary?
Valentine's day is a perfect opportunity to spend time with your special partner.
Accommodation is also available, so why not make a real night of it with Lunch. Dinner, Bed & Breakfast, our front desk team would be delighted to assist you.
Valentine's Dinner session times
- 5.30 pm Early Session
- 7.30 pm Premium Session
- 9.30 pm Late Session
- A single red rose for your valentine
- Three-course menu and coffee
- De Bortoli Willowglen wines, Sparkling wine, local beers and soft drinks
Valentine's Day Dinner Menu
- Smoked salmon plate, micro herbs, capers, potato crunch, lemon citrus mayo (g)
- Saffron spiced chilli prawns, basmati rice & mild red chilli sauce
- Spiced falafel discs with roast pumpkin and avocado puree (v)(g)
- Satay chicken strips, basmati rice, satay sauce, pineapple & cucumber garnish (g)
- Eye fillet steak 220g served medium with red wine jus, pomme potatoes & garlic butter(g)
- Crispy skin herbed chicken breast, seasonal vegetables, mushroom ragout, pomme potatoes & light chicken jus
- Panfried barramundi fillet, roasted tomato sauce, potato latke, seasonal vegetables (g)
- Oven-baked gnocchi with spicy tomato sauce, mozzarella, and spinach finished with truffle oil. (v)
- Eton mess, crushed meringue, whipped cream, fresh strawberries & raspberries, berry gel & honeycomb (g)
- Sticky date pudding butterscotch sauce, chocolate soil, vanilla ice cream, dates, honeycomb
- Profiteroles filled with custard served with chocolate sauce & vanilla ice cream.
Tea & coffee and after-dinner mints to conclude
Early Dinner Session $109.00 per person
Premium Dinner Session $129.00 per person
Late Dinner Session $99.00 per person
Stay overnight at Hotel Windsor.
03 9633 6000
Dripping in old-world charm and the glamour of a bygone era, this grand dame is something special. Lovers can sign up for the Valentine's Day Package ($699); guests will receive a complimentary upgrade to a Deluxe Room, valet parking, a bottle of Champagne, a bouquet of long-stemmed red roses, a Windsor teddy bear, private in-room breakfast and late checkout. There's also a Valentine's day version of the high tea to try on February 13 and 14.
We'll give you 10% off our rooms' best available rate when you book directly with us. No conditions. No blackout dates. Any day of the year.
Stay longer and save 25% or more. Spend three or five consecutive nights with us, and we'll sweeten the deal.*
Support local: by booking through us, you're helping to support a local business.
Hot Air Ballooning Over The Hunter Valley
Visit this website for bookings: redballoon.com
- Experience the bliss of hot air ballooning
- Spectacular views and photo opportunities
- Experienced pilots with expert local knowledge
Experience the exhilaration of a sunrise hot air balloon flight over the Hunter Valley followed by an a la carte breakfast for two. Peaceful yet exhilarating, the flight lasts for approximately one hour. The perfect hot air ballooning experience set high above the Hunter Valley!
- 1-hour hot air ballooning over the beautiful Hunter Valley
- A la carte breakfast for each person at a local winery
- A glass of sparkling wine for each person
Located just two hours north of Sydney and forty-five minutes from Newcastle, the Hunter Valley - Australia's premier vineyard region - offers the perfect backdrop for the flight of a lifetime. Hop aboard a daily sunrise balloon flight over the spectacular vineyards of the Hunter Valley. Share the magic of an hour-long balloon flight with fellow balloonists, and then celebrate your exciting adventure over a gourmet a la carte breakfast and champagne celebration. Experience the Hunter Valley from a perspective like no other.
- Please allow approximately four hours in total from check in to champagne breakfast.
- The flight itself is one hour.
- Meeting time is approximately 45 minutes before sunrise (depending on the time of year, this can be any time from 4.00 am to 6.30 am)
- You must call the supplier between 5 - 6 pm on the night before your flight to confirm departure time.
Picnic in the Royal Botanic Gardens
- Indulgent picnic menu curated by renowned chef Luke Nguyen
- A gorgeous blend of South East Asian flavours with native Australian ingredients
- Find a tranquil spot in Sydney's Royal Botanic Gardens
Watch the world go by as you enjoy a divine picnic curated by Luke Nguyen in the heart of the Royal Botanic Gardens. Simply pick up your picnic box from Botanic House, find a shady spot under a tree canopy and dig into all the restaurant's favourite dishes paired with a bottle of wine.
- Picnic box for two curated by Luke Nguyen
- A bottle of sparkling, white, red or rose wine
While away, a gorgeous afternoon amongst flora and fauna of the Royal Botanic Gardens enjoying an indulgent picnic curated by Luke Nguyen. All you need to do is collect your picnic box from Botanic House at your selected time and find a tranquil spot in the gardens' expanse. The box features an array of savoury and sweet treats, expertly blending South East Asian flavours, Australian produce and native ingredients with a fresh, modern twist. Savour likes spring rolls, honey pork charcoal bao and cream caramel pudding with coconut sponge cake paired with a bottle of wine.
Picnic Box Menu (Subject to change)
- Edamame and avocado salsa, sesame rice crackers, lemon olive oil (v, VG, GF)
- Mushroom, cabbage and corn spring rolls and Asian herbs (v, VG)
- Roast duck salad, pickled vegetables, palm heart, chilli jam dressing
- Honey Pork charcoal bao with pickled vegetable and Sriracha mayo
- Vietnamese coffee tres leches, miso caramel, Chinese almond cookie
- Cream caramel pudding, coconut sponge cake (GF)
- Totara Sauvignon Blanc, Marlborough NZ
- First Creek' Botanica' Semillion, Hunter Valley, NSW-ORGANIC
- Twelve Signs Field Blend Rosé Hilltops, NSW
- Saltram 1859 Shiraz, Barossa Valley, SA
- You can enjoy your picnic at your own pace
- Available Wednesday to Sunday only
- Please order your picnic with a minimum of 24 hours notice
- The latest pick-up time is 14:30 hrs
Book your picnic here.
Learn A Dance Of Love At The Immigration Museum
Anyone who loves to dance or likes the idea of dancing but isn't quite sure how The Immigration Museum has you sorted. It'll be open late for Latin Valentine in honour of the Mexican tradition El Día del Amor y la Amistad (The Day of Love and Friendship). Entry is just $20 each (or a little extra for a sultry dance workshop or a chocolate and tequila tasting) for a night of salsa dancing, afro beats, cocktails, street food, etc. mariachi love song dedications. To celebrate the importance of spiritual and familial love, there's also speed friending sessions, personalised compliment cards and a Polaroid photo booth.
Book you class here Immigration Meseum .
Go On A Romantic Spin On The Melbourne Star.
Private Catered Cabins
In partnership with Peter Rowland
Melbourne Star has partnered with Peter Rowland to bring food lovers beautiful, delectable bites sky high.
Since 1962 Peter Rowland have been dedicated to crafting special celebrations, whether it's a birthday, anniversary, or a gathering of friends.
Dip into something delicious and indulge in some 'Pretty Fly Savoury Bites' or a generous serving of 'Un-Brie-cleavable Cheesy' goodness.
More of a sweet tooth? We have you covered with treats' Just As Sweet As You'. Enjoy options galore of sweet and savoury flavoursome bites, or indulge in a 'Sky High Tea'.
Experience the star attraction of Melbourne Star and tantalise those taste buds below!
The best value Melbourne Star return flight bundle!
Melbourne Star is not just one memorable experiences – it's TWO! Day and night – just for you
Enjoy Melbourne's stunning sights by day, with views stretching from Melbourne's CBD and Port Phillip through to Mount Macedon and the Dandenong Ranges in the distance.
Then come back within 14 days, in the evening, when Melbourne's city lights take over, creating a glittering wonderland outside your cabin window.
Plus, delights to enjoy during your Melbourne Star experience include your beverage choice and a digital photo pass to ensure you relive the memories for years to come.
Get our best value return flight bundle online with a fantastic saving of over 55% off! This is our unbeatable value bundle by far.
Book your ride here. Call 03 8688 9688
Watch A Film At Fed Square
Welcome to The People's Place. Yes, Fed Square is a global icon, but it would be nothing without the hundreds of human stories created there every day.
The People's Place is your digital memory board, where you can share your unique experiences of Fed Square. From the personal to the political, the tiny to the terrific: We want them all!
It might not be quite the same as jetting off on an international getaway, but Federation Square is about to get a taste of Miami beach life as part of a two-week pop-up this February.
A whole heap of sand will transform the CBD space into a tropical oasis inspired by the South Florida city's beaches. As well as a 'beach', the pop-up will have lots of deckchairs, cabanas, live music and even its open-air cinema, which will be completely free. You can head along to a screening of Puberty Blues on Friday, February 7, sob (again) to The Notebook on Valentine's Day, or cheer on Thelma & Louise on Saturday, February 15 without spending a cent. You can check out the full lineup of films below.
There'll be lots of fun snacks, too, so you can laze in a cabana and tuck into ice creams and sliders after work. Watch out, also, fir life-sized seagulls trying to steal your chips. If you head along on opening day at 5 pm — and quote a password that'll be shared on Fed Square's Facebook page — you can score yourself one of 100 free ice creams and a performance by Melbourne singer Ernest Aines.
Book your ticket here fedsquare.com
Call 03 9655 1900
Valentine's Day Helicopter Flights
03 9221 6271
A helicopter date on Valentine's Day will be a perfect idea. Your partner will continue to love this one in a lifetime experience. Mile High Australi is offering Helicopter rides at an affordable price. They have exclusive flights during valentine's day. You can check their website for more information.
Melbourne City Flight's inclusions:
- Approximately 20 – 25 minutes
- Undoubtedly the best picturesque tours in Melbourne,
- Private Helicopter ride
- Photographic opportunity with the helicopter and pilot before and after the flight
- Beginning with the Bayside Beaches and Marina's
- Closely following, Melbourne's Iconic Sporting Grounds by air
- City Landscapes and Architecture
- St.kilda and Beaches
- Albert Park Lake
- Historical Shrine of Remembrance
- Arts Centre
- Eureka Tower,
- Finishing with the Westgate and Bolte Bridges before returning to Moorabbin Airport.
Flights are suitable for singles, couples, or groups as large as 6 and people of any age group.
Romantic Scenic Flights
We have several Scenic flights that offer perfect views. Take this Melbourne tour with a loved one.
Add 12 medium stemmed red roses for $99
Wine Making Experience
Become a winemaker for the day with this interactive experience from wine experts Penfolds. Enter the winemaking lab and blend your delicious drop using Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro - the same wines used to make the iconic Penfolds Bin 138. After the class, you get to take your creation home!
- Hour-long interactive winemaking class
- Bottle of your blend to take home with you
- Experienced and knowledgable host/instructor
This interactive class teaches you how to blend wine a perfect activity for those who love to know the process behind their favourite wines. Held at Penfolds Barossa Valley, you and a friend will be able to create your delicious concoction using Grenache, Shiraz and Mataro - the same wines they use to create the famous Penfolds Bin 138. Once you've put the finishing touches on your blend and taste test, of course, it will be bottled, ready for you to take home with you to enjoy with family and friends.
- Blend your wine to take home
- Interactive, hands-on experience
- Perfect for wine lovers
You can book your winemaking date here.
Virtual Murder Mystery Party at Home
Bring the excitement and thrill of a murder mystery party into your home with this virtual experience! With over 15 different stories available for you to choose from, there will be a theme to suit everyone and anyone. Channel your favourite movie star, indulge in a night of glamour in Hollywood Scandal or transport your guests to the flower power era in Hippie Homicide 1960s. Whatever you choose, come prepared for a night full of intrigue and trickery. You will work in virtual teams to sleuth for clues and piece together your findings to expose the killer. Even though this experience is entirely virtual, you're still encouraged to dress the part.
Please note: Upon purchase, you will receive a voucher in your email. To activate this experience, you must redeem your coupon on the RedBalloon website and request any date and time. Instructions on how to save your voucher will be stated on the voucher itself. Once confirmed, the provider will contact you directly and go through all the game options. You will then be sent all the necessary information and details on how to run your experience.
- Bring the excitement of a murder mystery party into your home
- Play with 2 to 15 people from anywhere in the world
- Over 15 storylines available to choose from
Settle in for a thrilling evening of intrigue and excitement as you experience a virtual murder mystery party in your own home! Tune into the session and dress the part, working in virtual teams to hunt for clues and expose the killer. With over 15 games to choose from, this will be a killer party.
Check the availability here.
Sushi Date at Home
With this pandemic, staying at home is the best option. So a date in the comfort of your home is a good idea. You can take out foods and deliver them right to your doorstep. And one of the best food to take out is sushi. There are many sushi stores out there that you can check.
Specialising in handrolls, packs and platters, Su Su Sushi has become one of Melbourne's largest Japanese cuisine wholesalers. The family business began in 1997 and has grown in leaps and bounds ever since. The team pride itself on providing quality sushi that is fresh, healthy and most importantly, tasty. You can contact them at 0403 411 588
Have dinner at Chancery Lane
Melbourne's hottest new diner from restauranteur Scott Pickett is doing a special Valentine's Day menu for the big day. For $150 per person, you'll get hor d'ouvres to share, tomato consommé, your choice of beef bourguignon or John Dory, sides and a white chocolate mousse.
Chancery Lane has been designed to have several versatile areas to accommodate many styles of events.
Parties of up to 10 people can choose from the regular menu and sit in the dining room. After a more private experience, contact our events department to discuss the several options we can extend to you. As a brief outline, we offer the following:
- THE CHANDELIER ROOM sits a maximum of 12 people. Adorned with a large-scale museum print of our hero image, guests have exclusive use of this space, seated underneath an incredible 19th Century French chandelier. With dedicated wait staff, this room is our most sought-after private space.
- THE ARCHWAYS ROOM sits a maximum of 28 people. Our most expansive space, this room, can also be booked with an adjoining private atrium for pre-dinner drinks or as an extension of the room as needs are. Sitting on a single table, guests look into the rest of the venue through three huge arched windows and can opt for a fully private or semi-private dining experience.
- THE CELLAR ROOM sits a maximum of 10 people. Utilising one half of the Archways Room, this is a more intimate space to draw the plush velvet curtain over and let you dine beside the floor to ceiling wine rack at the West end of the area. Whilst enclosed behind a plush curtain and with the dedicated wait staff, this room is deemed a semi-private experience as it is shared with diners behind another curtain at its other end.
Book in a spot via the website.
Chocolate Making Class
No doubt, Valentine's Day is chocolate's time to shine. Instead of your standard, run of the mill box of choccies, treat that special someone (and yourself) to a night of indulgence with a chocolate-making workshop. Turn cocoa beans into your favourite block and temper until your heart's content under the watchful eye of a professional chocolatier. Over four hours, you'll make a variety of chocolates and decorations – all of which you get to take home. Did we mention chocolate is an aphrodisiac?
You'll make the ganache filling, choose your own flavouring and pour into moulds that are the same as those used by the world's top chocolatiers! You will also get to call on your creative side when making little curls and other decorations for your chocolates. Throughout the four-hour class, you'll make a variety of chocolates and decorations – all of which you'll get to take home with you afterwards! Everything is done to the highest professional standard, and the atmosphere is all about fun. One of the best things about this class is the size. With no more than eight participants in the group, you will all work together and receive all of the attention you need to bring out your innermost chocolatey creative flair!
This course is ideal for the chocolate-lover who wants to learn about the intricacies of chocolate appreciation and learn how to make goodies for themselves or as gifts for others. Any professional cook or patisserie chef who wants to hone their chocolate-making skills will benefit significantly from this workshop. Whatever your motivation, you will walk away from this workshop, knowing all about the full potential of chocolate and with a box full of chocolaty treats. This is a fun-packed four hours that you won't forget!
Try this class here.
Peninsula Hot Springs with your Special Someone
While not entirely within Melbourne's borders, taking the drive to The Peninsula Hot Springs is well worth it comes to Valentines Day. Whether you're seeking a hilltop mineral pool or a complete body treatment, this award-winning day spa based on the scenic Mornington Peninsula has got you and your date covered. For a little taste of everything on offer, opt for their indulgent 'Dine and Bathe Package', which will have you soaking in their geothermal mineral pools and enjoying a romantic dinner for two at their Spa Dreaming Centre.
Try this Hot Spring Experience. Book now!
Paint Your Partner
We've all seen them doing this on The Bachelor dates, and now you can get in on the action too with Cork and Canvas's particular portraiture class for V-Day. Artists will guide you along as you create your masterpiece, although you're also invited to bring along your favourite vino to impart some liquid creativity.
Experience a fun and creative nightlight out Painting and Sipping in Melbourne and Sydney with friends and colleagues sipping on wine, bubbles or beer while painting on a canvas without painting before!
No painting experience required! They will supply all the art materials and you BYO drinks and nibbles! The studios provide you with glassware, tapas plates, a fridge and ice.
Visit their website and book your session.
Axe Throwing at Maniax
Team up with your boo for a session of tension-relieving axe throwing at Maniax's "date night" event, which culminates in a mini-tournament where you compete against your partner and then other couples for ultimate axe-throwing glory. If you're looking for something unconventional, it's the most high-octane bonding method around.
MANIAX was the first Urban Axe Throwing company in Australia, established in 2014 in Sydney NSW. We are also the largest in Australia, with venues in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide. We've had close to 300,000 people through our doors across Australia, which equates to 15 million axes thrown! That's with no significant axe-idents beyond a splinter.
Book your slot now.
How to Make Valentine's Day More Meaningful
Remember the little things they say.
That may sound simple, but it is easy to forget little sentiments that your significant other might mention offhand. Don't start scrambling for Valentine's Day ideas on February 13- take note of their casual comments leading up to the day. This is crucial to all of the specific details you will need to plan later regarding the meal and the gift.
Give yourself plenty of time.
This is important. If you scramble to put together your special Valentine's Day, it will be pretty obvious. Give yourself plenty of time to make sure everything is perfect.
- If you plan on taking your valentine out to eat, make sure to make reservations far in advance. Restaurants book up quickly, and the extra time will ensure you can eat where you want. The same goes for any activities or excursions you want to take your valentine on.
- If you are ordering a gift online, give yourself extra time for shipping. It wouldn't be ideal for providing your valentine with an "I. O. U."
- If you're taking the creative route for your special day, give yourself plenty of time to pull it all together.
Confirm with your Valentine.
Even if you want to surprise them, make sure they are available and able to do anything you've planned. Feel free to keep the specifics to yourself, but at least let your partner the general plan. Nothing can put a damper on Valentine's Day, quite like showing up to a fancy restaurant in jeans or having to bail on a memorable trip because of work obligations. Just make sure they've pencilled you in!
Determine your partner's "Valentine's Day style.
" Some people would proudly walk down the street with a dozen roses and a helium Cupid balloon, while others would cringe at the very thought. Either is OK! Just make sure that you don't make your valentine uncomfortable with your gestures. Find out if they're into grand gestures or low-key love notes.
- Some people proudly claim they're "anti-Valentine's Day." If this is your partner, don't take that to mean they are anti-love! No one says no to a little extra affection and encouragement on Valentine's Day- even if they insist they don't want to celebrate.
- Make sure you consider their day-to-day routine when you start planning your meaningful Valentine's Day. No one wants to be late to work because of a surprise breakfast-in-bed or be forced to carry a life-size teddy bear on a New York subway.
Tell your valentine precisely what they mean to you.
This should be done all year, but especially on this holiday. Don't let them forget how special they are and how much they mean to you. You have the chance to tell your partner just how much you admire and appreciate them, so don't take it for granted. Too often, people wait until it is too late.
Your words are important, but your nonverbal cues can mean just as much. Maintain eye contact to show your valentine that they have your undivided attention.
- Make sure that your body language is communicating the same message as your mouth. Try to lean in towards your partner, keeping your arms uncrossed, to show them there is no place you'd rather be.