Have you been on a quest for the best detoxifying masks to help your skin stay healthy?
We are sure you can relate! It's no secret - your skin needs a detox. If you're not one to take care of your skin, or if you have acne and want to get rid of it for good, then this blog post is just what you need. There are so many brands and types of face masks out there, and it's challenging to know which ones are worth your money.
Here is a list of the best detoxifying face masks for healthier skin.
Best Detoxifying Face Masks
Ovi Ski Deep Cleansing & Detoxifying Face Mask
Our mineral-rich, age-defying Volcanic Ash facial mask gently absorbs oil, helping to reduce large-sized pores and eliminate built-up impurities leaving tired and stressed skin feeling energetic, vibrant and whole again. OVI is a powerful raw detoxifier & cleanser made for stressed and sensitive skin with natural oils and rich nutrients found from volcanic islands worldwide.
- Detoxify, tighten and brighten your skin.
- Vegan & cruelty-free.
- Remove impurities built up in pores.
- Natural detoxifier & cleanser.
- Assists in spot reducing pimples.
The Worlds Most Powerful Facial
- AZTEC SECRET INDIAN HEALING CLAY is bentonite clay from Death Valley, California, where it is sun-dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees.
- Deep pore cleaning with 100% natural calcium bentonite clay
- Does not contain: Additives, fragrances, animal products
- Important Note: Do not leave clay mask on skin longer than 5-10 mins for delicate skin; this will prevent redness/drying
- Important Note 2: Please read and follow all manufacturer directions before using. Slight redness of the skin is normal and will disappear in about 30 minutes after use.
- Use for acne and blemishes. Use it once per week.
- Not tested on animals.
History of Healing Clay
Clays have been used for centuries to beautify and refresh when used as a facial mask.
Cleopatra used clay from the Nile River and the Arabian desert over 1800 years ago as part of her beauty ritual.
German and Roman spas have been using clay packs and treatments in the spas they built 4,000 years ago. Many of these spas still exist and use clay even today.
Pliney the Elder devoted an entire chapter of his Natural History" to the many uses of clay for pimples, blackheads and skin tightening. Many famous naturopaths, such as Kuhn, Just and Kneipp, have contributed to the revival of the uses of clay through their natural treatments for arthritis and skin ailments.
The use of clay with apple cider vinegar can be dated back to the southern French priest of the 16th century, Kneipp, and his natural treatments using clay packs and poultices.
Throughout history, the use of clay, specifically green clay or bentonite, is well documented. To learn more about clay, look for "Our Earth Our Cure" by Raymond Dexteit, translated by Michel Abehsera in your local health food store or book store.
AZTEC SECRET INDIAN HEALING CLAY is bentonite clay from Death Valley, California, where it is sun-dried for up to six months in temperatures that sometimes reach 134 degrees.
Green Clay Detox Face Mask
The most perfectly calibrated detoxifying clay mask. Our famed French Green Clay is carefully whipped with a blend of potent, nourishing botanicals to help clarify skin, unclog pores and absorb toxins while ensuring skin is never stripped or dried out.
Unlike other heavy clay masks, the Green Clay Detox Mask is absorptive and detoxifying while also managing to be beautifully light and moisturising. A gorgeous texture whipped through with lush plant-based botanical oils, like blackcurrant seed, evening primrose, and sacha inchi, this mask leaves your complexion thoroughly cleansed and then lushly restored never dry and damaged.
FAQ About Detoxifying Face Mask
The best detox face masks do more than relieve symptoms of acne. Formulated with purifying clays and exfoliating acids, these powerful treatment masks withdraw impurities, toxins and pollutants from deep within the pores to clarify and refine the skin.
After your skin has soaked up the juicy goodness of a sheet mask, it may seem a bit redundant to apply yet another layer of moisture. But it turns out there's a reason behind that 'follow with moisturiser' line in the directions. That means you'll see better results and keep that just-masked glow even longer.
Simply put: It depends. It comes down to your skin type, your individual skin needs, and the kind of mask you're using. Some masks are best used once per week, while others can be used more frequently, up to 3 times per week.
Whether it's a clay mask, cream mask, sheet mask, peel-off mask, or another type of face mask, always cleanse your skin first. If the face mask is supposed to be rinsed off, apply it after cleansing but before the rest of your skincare routine.
Although there is no independent evidence that mud masks, clay masks, cream masks, or sheet masks provide any long-lasting benefit to the skin, they can be hydrating, soothing and provide some keratolytic/exfoliant effect — if only in the act of removing them.
Mineral Cleansing Mask
This mask targets "redness, inflammation, and acne." Thanks to its long list of minerals—magnesium, zinc, copper, and iron included—it sucks up extra dirt, oil, and debris from pores. Plus, it smells lovely, like a blend of rose and clementine.
A purifying and exfoliating face mask that absorbs excess oil and features thyme to visibly reduces blemishes.
The Purifying Mask is made with freshly-cut, organic thyme from Provence. The mattifying, purée-like texture immediately absorbs excess sebum and gently exfoliates with olive leaf powder.
- Gentle Exfoliation
- Immediately absorbing excess oil
Pore Patrol Detox Mask
This silky soufflé detox mask, aerated with a combination of powerful clays, deeply cleanses skin and minimises the look of pores without leaving it dry or tight.
French green and Kaolin micro-clays combine with willow bark to detoxify and unclog pores.
- Bentonite clay keeps oil in check; glycolic acid gently exfoliates to make sure pores don't clog up later
- Hypoallergenic, dermatologist tested
- French Green Montmorillonite: Produced from decomposed plants and iron oxides and high in mineral salts, this "swelling" clay soaks oil in like a sponge to control sebum
- Bentonite: Produced from volcanic ash, this highly absorbent clay binds to toxins and oils in the skin, so they are more easily removed
- Kaolin: Also used for making porcelain, this mild clay absorbs impurities without removing natural oils
- Sea Clay: One of the most effective mineral clays, this micro-clay traps impurities within its multiple layers while its toning action helps stimulates the skin; it has the highest absorption properties of all clays, so it works best for the detoxification of pores
- Glycolic acid: Gently exfoliates to smooth and brighten the appearance of skin
- Willow bark: Natural and gentle exfoliant sloughs off dead skin cells, making way for fresh, bright and radiant skin
- Pomegranate Extract: Powerful antioxidant with high levels of vitamin C known to clean pores and exfoliate to reveal fresh, smooth skin
Super Green Detox Kale & Charcoal Detox Facial Mask
Your skin's new BFF is this super green blend of plant extracts, algae and charcoal designed for superpower detoxing. This multi-targeted mask has charcoal infused right into the cotton and infused with skin-loving beneficials: kale, charcoal, cilantro, sea kelp, green tea, hyaluronic acid and vitamin C.
Ingredients We Love
- Green tea
- All skin types, especially clogged pores and blemish-prone skin types
- Your clear skin's BFF
- Address clogged pores and blemish-prone skin
- 100% cotton single-use sheet mask
- Formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS, or mineral oil
Detox Face Mask
Treat your skin to an instant skin reboot with our Detox Face Mask. Formulated with Kaolin Clay, Bentonite Clay, mineral-rich Sea Silt and Charcoal, our quick-drying clay formula draws out impurities, tackles excess oil and visibly helps to improve the appearance of pores with regular use. Ideal for combination to oily skin, it also contains Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate to provide moisture for skin that's refreshed and renewed.
Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin once to twice a week. Leave on for 10 to 30 minutes and rinse off. Use our Face Mask Brush for a mess-free, precise application.
To pair with Clear Complexion Correction Stick and Clarifying Facial Oil, designed for combination to oily skins, for a complexion looking visibly renewed and balanced.
- Kaolin and Bentonite Clays: the perfect clay duo to draw out impurities
- Charcoal and Sea Silt (Glacial Oceanic Clay): work to cleanse and help absorb excess skin oils deeply
- Glycerin and Sodium Hyaluronate: powerful hydration helping provide deep skin moisture
- Natural Fruit Extracts: a skin-loving blend helping condition the skin
- No Fragrance Added
Purifying Detoxifying Mask
Perfect for those with dry and combination skin types, the AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask detoxifies the skin without drying it out, thanks to its thoughtful formulation. Made with authentic Dead Sea mud, this mask gently removes oil, impurities and toxins from the skin while replenishing the skin's moisture barrier with glycerin and jojoba oil. It can also be used as an overnight spot treatment for blemishes to reduce redness and size.
- Detoxifies deeply without drying skin
- Hydrates and soothes all skin types
- Made with the authentic Dead Sea mud
Get beautifully clean, dewy skin with our 2-minute mineral-rich Dead Sea mud mask. Use in-shower twice weekly for best results. The rich formula gently extracts impurities from the skin and moisturises deeply for a visibly clearer complexion.
- Gently removes oil and environmental impurities from the skin
- Spot treat blemishes overnight to relieve redness
- Dead Sea Mud helps soothe very dry, dry and sensitive skin
Mint Mud Deep Pore Detox Mask
Balances oil, unclogs pores + improves the appearance of blemishes.
Combining detoxifying kaolin and bentonite clays to perform a deep pore cleansing, the Kinship Mint Mud Deep Pore Detox Mask vacuums up impurities, toxins and oils from decongested pores it rebalances the skin. Harnessing the power of resurfacing lactic acid and hydrating jojoba oil, it also removes dead skin cells to reveal a brighter, smoother complexion.
What's In It
- Lactic acid • Exfoliates + helps clear clogged pores for smoother + brighter looking skin.
- Bentonite + Kaolin clays • Natural clay minerals to help detox, clear pores + balance oil.
- Moringa • Powerful, nutrient-rich, organic seed oil that rejuvenates + softens skin.
- Kinbiome™ • Plant-based probiotic supports clear skin + a strong skin barrier.
Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask
A clay mask that instantly visibly minimises pores and blackheads. For Normal to Oily Skin Types. Paraben-free & fragrance-free.
An efficacious pore minimising and cleansing clay mask formulated with Fairly Traded Amazonian White Clay (Kaolin Clay) & Bentonite Clay, known to help absorb excess oil and detoxify skin. Our clay mask helps draw out impurities from the skin and unclog pores and blackheads to leave skin visibly more refined and feeling smooth.
Paraben-free, fragrance-free, silicone-free, and mineral oil-free.
Our Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask is clinically tested* to instantly visibly minimises pores and blackheads. This Kaolin clay mask helps detoxify skin while it visibly smooths and refines skin texture.
In a consumer study on 54 subjects, after using Rare Earth Deep Pore Cleansing Mask:
After 1 Use:
- Pores & blackheads instantly appear reduced/minimised/tightened, and unclogged
- 90% of users agree skin feels fresh/refreshed
- 90% of users agree skin looks clean as if detoxified
- 98% of users agree skin looks instantly mattified
After 2 Uses:
- 94% of users agree skin looks softer, smoother & more refined
- 90% of users agree skin feels balanced
After 4 Uses:
- 88% of users agree skin appears brighter and more radiant
- 83% of users experienced a visible reduction of skin imperfections
What It's Good For
- Formulated with responsibly sourced Amazonian White Clay (Kaolin Clay) to help detoxify skin and reveal visibly minimised pores
- Cleanses and detoxifies skin by drawing out dirt and toxins that can cause clogged pores while enhancing the appearance of clarity to reveal more refined skin
- Visibly reduces clogged pores immediately and with continued use — with a clinically demonstrated visible reduction of clogged pores by 37.3% immediately and by 44.8% in two weeks*
- Helps reduce skin's surface oil production by 46%**
- Refines skin's texture
- For all skin types
Ayurvedic Clay Mask
Protect skin against environmental stressors and skin clogging pollutants with a synergistic blend of four powerfully healing and detoxifying clays fortified with soothing botanicals for a complete skin reset. Known for its gentle, skin-balancing properties, kaolin clay stimulates skin circulation and conditions skin while rhassoul clay absorbs impurities and improves skin texture without over-drying. Highly composed of plant matter, algae-rich French sea clay is known to remineralise skin with vital elements and bentonite clay draws out excess oils and debris to the skin's surface. Lavender oil and aloe soothe, calm and replenish skin to support equilibrium and healing. The multi-clay formula results in skin that feel rejuvenated and renewed for a ritual treatment beneficial for all skin types.
Natural cleanser – Rhassoul acts on the skin's surface and removes excess dirt and sebum, allowing your pores to breathe. That means that you'll see a reduction in acne, blackheads and pimples. Exfoliant and clarifier – The mineral composition of rhassoul clay helps to reduce skin dryness and improve skin clarity.
The minerals in the mud work together to absorb any excess oil, dirt or toxins on the skin. It can also help to minimise the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles. Dead Sea mud has been shown to help minimise acne, drawing out any impurities for smoother-looking skin.
Kaolin clay has been used for centuries to absorb excess oil from the skin, preventing breakouts before they begin. It's also perfect for helping to restore skin that's been damaged by frequent outbreaks of acne. Some have found that regular use helps to balance their skin's oil production, reducing oily skin symptoms.
Australian Pink Clay Mask
- Australia's Highest Rated Pink Clay Mask
- Detoxify & Brighten the Skin
- Defends Against Pollutants, Dirt & Toxins
- Fights Acne & Redness
- 100% Vegan & Cruelty-Free
Detoxify & Brighten
This Pink Perfect mask is specifically formulated with Vitamin E, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel and Kaolin Clay, a natural, Australian sourced ingredient enriched with detoxifying, pore-cleansing capacities. Australian Kaolin Clay is a gentle, soothing ingredient composed of a mix of incredibly natural minerals, including quartz, mica and montmorillonite. Used every other day, this unique treatment defends the skin against the pollutants of oil, dirt and toxins, cleansing and revitalising the epidermis to bring you bright, beautiful skin.
Detoxifying Charcoal Sheet Mask With Honey
Burt's Bees™ Detoxifying Charcoal Sheet Mask removes impurities for a refreshing cleanse while gentle and soothing to the skin. The sheet mask features embedded charcoal to help remove impurities, dirt and grime from the surface of your skin, providing a fresh, clean appearance.
Benefits & Claims
- Single-use, detoxifying charcoal sheet mask with embedded charcoal and honey to remove impurities, dirt and grime, leaving skin clean, hydrated and looking healthy
- 99.0% natural
- The soap-free formula provides invigorating gentle cleanses and soothes skin with natural honey leaving the skin hydrated and looking healthy.
- Formulated without parabens, phthalates, SLS or petrolatum. Noncomedogenic, dermatologist tested and no added fragrance.
- Do not use it on broken or irritated skin. If the product causes discomfort, remove the mask immediately and rinse the face. If irritation occurs, stop use and consult a physician.
- Honey: The perfect way to show your affection, honey is an ode of everlasting devotion to your skin. Sweet and deliciously fragrant, it's the ideal natural moisturiser that helps soften and recondition. Letting you live happily ever after in your skin.
Purifying Mask - Pore & Blackhead Detox Mask
A detox treatment that purges pores of impurities to help fight the visible effects of pollution—best for blocked pores, pollutants, or oily skin.
Take 20 To Detox
Use the Purifying Mask every day for 2-3 days, then reduce it to 1-2 times per week for clean, purified skin. Apply a thick layer over the face. Leave for 10-20 minutes, then rinse with cold water.
High-Performance Botanical Ingredients
This is your cleansing detox treatment mask. Our award-winning mask purges impurities to help fight the visible aging effects of pollutants and free radicals to give you renewed, fresh looking skin. This formula purifies with 19 sources to detox, 4 sources to dissolve buildup, and 4 sources to refine pores.
Give Your Skin a Vacation from Pollution
There are many unique ways to use each of our products that can help you tailor your skincare experience to get more out of your them, depending on your skin's unique needs.
Bioré® Charcoal Whipped Purifying Detox Mask
The ULTIMATE detox does exist
The daily grind can wreak havoc on your skin.
There's nothing like chilling out and hitting the reset button on your complexion in 3-5 minutes with this cooling charcoal detox mask. Experience an intense pore-tingly clean with menthol while you de-stress. Specially formulated for oily skin, this creamy mask helps eliminate impurities, lifting away daily dirt, oil, and even pollution to purify clogged pores seriously.
- Natural Charcoal, known for its ability to draw out impurities & trap them
- Dermatologist Tested
- Non-Comedogenic (won't clog pores)